The Access and Accommodations Center (AACE) collaborates with Georgia State University Housing to meet the on campus housing needs of students with disabilities.
Rights and Responsibilities
- Students requesting housing accommodations must adhere to all University Housing policies, procedures and deadlines. To receive full consideration for on-campus housing accommodations, students must submit all required applications and requests within the time limits established by University Housing and AACE.
- Complete and submit the Registration Form to request housing accommodations. Once submitted, AACE will schedule a Welcome Meeting. Needed housing accommodations will be emailed to the student and to University Housing.
The Access and Accommodations Center
- Once all the required forms are submitted and reviewed, AACE will contact the student about his or her housing accommodation request no later than 15 business days of receipt of the request.
- AACE will identify approved accommodations for housing by issuing a Housing Accommodation Letter during a scheduled appointment with the student. AACE’ approval for housing accommodations does not override the policies of any particular agency, office or department. If a student has other housing needs not related to a disability, he or she should contact University Housing by email or by phone at 404-413-1800.
- University Housing will implement the accommodation which is subject to room availability per a student’s room assignment or waitlist number. Moreover, if the approved accommodation is a private room, University Housing will implement the accommodation based on the availability of unassigned rooms.
How to Apply for a Housing Accommodation