How to Register
Follow the steps below to register with AACE:
- Self-identify with AACE by completing and returning the Registration Form.
- Submit documentation from a qualified evaluator. If you think you may have a disability, but do not have a formal diagnosis, we may provide resources for obtaining a formal evaluation, and under some circumstances, we may be able to authorize provisional accommodations while we await documentation; particularly when it may be difficult to acquire documents from your provider in a timely manner. A copy of your most recent Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan may also start the process. You can submit documentation when you are completing the registration form or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request temporary assistance from AACE, students must submit a Registration Form together with supporting medical documentation.
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Students who are unsure as to whether or not they have a learning disability may seek assistance from Georgia State University’s Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD). Follow these steps to be tested:
- Students who choose to be tested at the RCLD should be referred by AACE through the completion of an RCLD evaluation request packet
- Complete the RCLD packet in its entirety. The packet includes the instructions for completing it.
- The cost of the evaluation is $500. As a deposit, include a check for the first half, $250, payable to Georgia State University. (Partial or full scholarships for this expense may be available for students with financial need. Please contact AACE to discuss.)
Under some circumstances, students may be able to receive provisional accommodations while we await the RCLD evaluation.
Once the completed packet has been returned, AACE will submit it to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders. A representative from the Regents Center will review the packet and contact the student to schedule an appointment. The Regents Center for Learning Disorders is located on the Atlanta campus in the Urban Life building, Room 1053. Their phone number is 404-413-6245.