How To Connect
Follow the steps below to connect and request accommodations or to request an update of accommodations currently in place:
- Self-identify with AACE by completing and returning the PDF Welcome Form or directly submitting the Electronic Welcome Form.
- When requesting and submitting documentation from your diagnosing provider, they may use the Eligibility Verification Form. If more convenient for your provider, they may submit the relevant information on their professional letterhead. If you think you may have a disability, but do not have a formal diagnosis, we may provide resources for obtaining a formal evaluation, and under some circumstances, we may be able to authorize provisional accommodations while we await documentation; particularly when it may be difficult to acquire documents from your provider in a timely manner. A copy of your most recent Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan may also start the process.
- All information should be submitted in person, by mail or via email to the relevant campus.
- Contact AACE in person, by mail, phone or email to schedule an appointment at your convenience. You may choose to schedule an in-person, phone, email or other virtual appointment.
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Students who are unsure as to whether or not they have a learning disability may seek assistance from Georgia State University’s Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD). Follow these steps to be tested:
- Students who choose to be tested at the RCLD may pick up a packet at AACE or print the packet. Submit it in person, by mail or via email to the relevant campus
- Complete the RCLD packet in its entirety. The packet includes the instructions for completing it.
- The cost of the evaluation is $500. As a deposit, include a check for the first half, $250, payable to Georgia State University. (Partial or full scholarships for this expense may be available for students with financial need. Please contact AACE to discuss.)
Under some circumstances, students may be able to receive provisional accommodations while we await the RCLD evaluation.
Once the completed packet has been returned, AACE will submit it to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders. A representative from the Regents Center will review the packet and contact the student to schedule an appointment. The Regents Center for Learning Disorders is located on the Atlanta campus in the Urban Life building, Room 1053. Their phone number is 404-413-6245.