Testing Information for Faculty
- Respond to student’s requests for an office appointment in order to discuss accommodations with the student.
- Read and sign the Letter of Accommodation during the office appointment with the registered student and complete and sign the Testing Request Form (TRF).
- Return the completed TRF to the student. It is the student’s responsibility to return the form to the Access and Accommodations Center (AACE). AACE must receive the TRF no later than five business days prior to the first scheduled test date. Testing accommodations at AACE are provided on a first come, first served basis. Submitting a Testing Request Form does not guarantee testing accommodations at AACE.
- Add subsequent test dates to student’s testing schedule, if needed, in writing (email, fax, etc.) to AACE no later than two business days prior to the new test date.
- Send final exam dates and times in writing (email, fax, etc.) no later than two weeks prior to the last day of class.
- Send the dates and times for pop quizzes in writing (email, fax, etc.) no later than two business days prior to the quiz date. to the testing coordinator, Donna Hardaway, so that she can coordinate them.
- Cancel or change test schedule, if needed, by submitting this information to AACE in writing (email, fax, etc.) or contacting the testing coordinator, Donna Hardaway, to coordinate rescheduling the students makeup exam.
The Access and Accommodations Center Responsibilities
- Prepare Letters of Accommodation
- Schedule student tests, quizzes and exams according to the submitted TRF on a first come, first served basis and as resources permit.
- Facilitate pick up and delivery of tests and exams based upon written instructions from instructors on TRF.
- Maintain testing records.
- Providing reasonable accommodations in a timely manner. Noncompliance on the part of the student with the procedures stated above may result in delays in or denial of the provision of accommodations.