Students who have mobility impairments may need priority registration. This may provide an opportunity to pre-plan accessible routes to class as well as arrange for transportation services. Students who do not take advantage of priority registration or request a classroom change before or during drop/add time may not be guaranteed accessible classrooms.
Procedure for Moving Class to an Accessible Location
- Connect with the Access and Accommodations Center (AACE) and provide relevant documentation (unless obvious), to verify need for moving a class.
- Students should review their schedule, as soon as possible, and consult with AACE to determine which classes may need to be relocated.
- Students must immediately inform AACE of any changes in their class schedule or problems with classroom accessibility.
- Review request for classroom relocation.
- Assess options including:
- Room availability in other buildings.
- Consideration of other options by the student (i.e. different time, different class).
- Classroom size/number of students registered for class.
- Type of course (i.e. biology, computer science).